STORM DAMAGE UPDATE…
As many have you have encountered the new side door entrance is working well which has been the main contributor to us reopening so shortly after such damage from Sunday’s storm. I am delighted to announce the scaffolders are making very good progress and once they are complete, we will be able to reopen the front door. Depending on the coming days weather we are aiming to resume front door access next Thursday. Once the front door is reopened, we will then at this point be able to resume access to the spa and pools for males.
On a separate note, I do believe my previous communications may not of been clear on why males cant access the spa and females can which I do apologise for. The main reason is the temporary side door leads straight through the walk way where males access the spa from the changing rooms and we just felt it wasn’t safe or viable for men to be accessing the spa at the same time as people with outdoor shoes and clothes on.
NEW TIMETABLE SET TO START TUESDAY..
Following the weekends storm damage, the top floor studios will remain closed while the works are carried out for safety reasons. We do expect the closure to for 3-4 weeks however I am delighted to announce that I have agreed a deal with Brennans who are based 5-6 doors down from the club on Regent Street to rent their function room. This does mean we will be able to launch a fabulous new timetable that is set to start next Tuesday 18th February… All registered members will be emailed a copy of the timetable on Friday afternoon. Until next Tuesday the classes will continue in studio 2.
NEW EQUIPMENT ARRIVING NEXT WEEK!
As we continue our fast-paced improvements programme I am pleased to announce that next week will be receiving delivery of:
• A concept 2 skierg for the cardio floor
• New heavy-duty matts for both the cardio floor and ladies only zone
• 2 new punch bags for the sports performance centre
• Various new cable attachments for the static resistance floor
I would also like to announce that we will be receiving two of the new Atom Watt performance bikes when they are released in May to this country.
£2 MILLION POUND IMPROVEMENTS UPDATE!
With the recent storm and scaffolding we have to readjust the time frame of pre announced improvements.
• The refurbished reception project will now be completed in June and will include a new easier access entrance , a themed tv wall , a small café , a new reception layout along with new floor and ceiling.
• The awesome volcano sauna will be added as previously announced in the fire & ice spa in March
• The previously announced new equipment in the static resistance and ladies only equipment with the £250k budget will now be installed in July.
Other projects that are seriously being considered are:
• The architect will shortly be submitting the planning permission to extend the exclusive day spa area to include a new sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, themed showers and also relaxing loungers… The project will also include additional treatment rooms.
• A £100k refurbishment of our already fabulous fire & ice spa in the summer to include the sparkling stretch ceiling ( that is already above the pools) to all areas of the spa, new heated loungers and a new walking on shell water feature.
• To replace the windows on the 2nd floor of the mill to match all the other metal features
• I am in negotiation to open a hotel to offer overnight stays for spa guests.
I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank all the staff and relevant contractors on their unbelievable efforts, during this very testing week for the club, which without we would have never been able to turn things around so quickly.
As ever, it’s all exciting as we continue to build something very special indeed however if you have any suggestions or constructive feedback then please feel free to email me personally on email@example.com ( please note that due to the high amount of traffic on social media its not possible to answer comments or questions this way)