FABULOUS NEWS WE REOPEN THE GYM, STUDIOS & POOLS SATURDAY 25TH JULY 8AM!!!
It’s incredibly exciting news that we’ll be reopening the health club on Saturday the 25th July, we can’t wait to see everyone again!
Below is all the latest news, procedures and guidelines….. I do understand that things will be a little different as we open, there are certain restrictions as per government guidelines and new procedures put in place…. All of the procedures and facility restrictions will be reviewed every two weeks and depending on the latest government advice we will get back to normal normal ASAP!!.
We’ve been working hard throughout the lockdown to complete pre-paid projects and also put new facilities in place to make us COVID safe but also create an environment that you can all enjoy.. The works have included:
• Installed new toilets on each floor to restrict changing room use
• Installed hand wash facilities on each floor
• Installed new and upgraded fresh air ventilation systems
• Refurbished reception, including a small café and a new entrance to the building to allow for our one way system
• Completed the awesome Volcano Sauna in the fabulous Fire & Ice spa
• Refurbished the original Hydrotherapy pool area
• Installed a new themed ceiling in the Fire & Ice spa
• Created a new manicure & pedicure area in the day spa
As you will expect, we have put several measures in place to ensure the club is a safe environment during your visit. We also wanted to update you on the procedures in place for your membership.
Thanks to the massive amount of floor space at our club, we have managed to create many distanced workout spaces throughout the gym. Meaning we can cater to many members whilst maintaining a safe environment.
Despite this, we still need to ensure that visitor numbers do not exceed capacity. As such we ask that all members will need to book via the APP for some of our facilities:
• Gym sessions will need to be booked at peak times of 6am-11am & 4pm-9pm will need to be booked via the APP … GYM SESSIONS WILL BE 1 HOUR SLOTS…. Outside these peak times there will be no need to book gym sessions
• ALL swimming & spa sessions will need to be booked via the APP with an allocated time of one hour including changing room time
• All classes, including the interactive options, will need to be booked via the APP
TO ENSURE SMOOTH PASSAGE INTO THE CLUB PLEASE BRING YOUR PHONE WITH YOUR APP TO CONFIRM YOUR BOOKINGS!
Alongside this we have put in the following safety measures:
• One way entry and exit and one way walk systems around the building
• Hand sanitiser and equipment cleaning points every 3 meters throughout the facility and on entry
• We have installed screens throughout the facility to limit any out of use equipment
• We have tripled the number of cleaners on site and reviewed our cleaning and auditing procedures
• Reduced numbers in classes (Plenty more class choices and a live streaming options too).. The fabulous new timetable will be released this Thursday/Friday … The timetable will include 15 min gaps in between classes to allow for deep cleaning … THE TIMETABLE WILL BE REVIEWED EVERY TWO WEEKS
• Unfortunately, as per government guidelines the steam rooms and saunas will remain closed however this will be REVIEWED EVERY TWO WEEKS! … The themed showers, foot spas and heated loungers will be available in the Fire & Ice spa for members to use during their swim sessions
• Staff wearing the correct PPE and available to help members with enquiries
• Social distancing guidelines throughout the club
• The opening times have been changed to 6am-10pm 7 days a week to allow a full sanitising of the facility overnight. REVIEWED EVERY TWO WEEKS!
• We are asking ALL gym and class attendees to come ready dressed for their activity… The shower and locker facilities are just for booked members using the pool and spa.. Gym and class attendees will be permitted to use the changing room toilets however there are new toilets on each floor to restrict this. Please note that there are no hairdryer use in the changing room. REVIEWED EVERY TWO WEEKS!!
• There will be strictly no bags allowed in the club (other than booked swim & spa sessions) and we will ask members to bring their own matts for personal use in the gym & classes…REVIEWED EVERY TWO WEEKS
• IF YOU ARE UNWELL OR HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS OF COVID THEN PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND!!!
• As per government guidelines there is to be no spotting in the gym
• The club’s health & safety director has completed a full risk assessment which can be viewed on the website from this Monday
When you arrive at the gym PLEASE BRING YOUR PHONE WITH THE APP AS CONFIRMATION OF YOUR BOOKING (except non booking times in the gym) , Members will still need, to scan in using your card or finger print as normal. This will be cleaned constantly, and there is also a sanitising station that every member will need to use before entering and after the turnstile. Please note we have doubled the amount of staff at reception to limit any waiting times.
NO DIRECT DEBITS WILL BE COLLECTED IN JULY
All direct debit members whose payment have been frozen during lockdown will simply start again in August.
All paid in full memberships have simply been extended for the time we were closed
Sadly due to the restrictive numbers we are temporarily suspending guest privileges for swimming and class options … REVIEWED EVERY TWO WEEKS … I know this is not great for these members so if this does affect you please can you email me on email@example.com and I will give you a call to discuss options.
PLEASE NOTE WE WILL NOT BE TAKING NEW DIRECT DEBIT MEMBERS ON AFTER WEDNESDAY 22 ND JULY UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!!! – New members can join at www.cliffordhealthclub.co.uk until this date.
If you have cancelled your direct debit during lockdown you will be receiving a text to give you an option to restart your direct debit. This does need to be completed by 10pm on Wednesday 22nd July.
If you do feel you are not quite ready to start back at the club as yet then you do have the option to suspend your direct debit membership by contacting Ashbourne on firstname.lastname@example.org or text ‘HELP’ to 60777. If you would like to freeze your paid in full time please email email@example.com
Its going to be great to see you all again. I do understand things will be different initially but as soon as the government announces further loosening of the restrictions, we will ourselves. To confirm, the above has all been thought out and guided by the government advice and also our very own health & safety director however as you can imagine this is also a learning curve for us, so all procedures, facilities and opening times will be reviewed every two weeks.
If you have not downloaded the APP it can be found on Apple and Android as the Clifford Health Club & Spa… I understand one or two people have had difficulty accessing the APP however this is simply data entry issues… The team are available daily between on 01159461041..
Please note we are waiting for further government guidelines regards the day spa… We are taking new bookings from the 1st September and lists of our fabulous packages can be found at www.clifforddayspa.co.uk or by speaking direct to the spa team on 01159461041
Cant wait to see you all!